People who don’t live in Texas may imagine that it always stays warm here, even during winter. But although we may not experience as consistently cold winters as more northern states, we’ve occasionally had periods of extreme cold sweep through. It’s important for us to remember to keep our heating systems in good shape, because when we need them, we really need them.
This is why we’re glad to announce that November is Heating Maintenance Month for Texas. No, not an official designation—but we want to make sure our customers know how important this service is, and that November is a great time to have it done.
Why regular heating maintenance is crucial
Heating maintenance is a routine job that we recommend you have done each year, much the same way you schedule maintenance for your AC each year. (You are doing that, right?) This regular inspection and tune-up for your heater is the best service you can have done for it, because it protects your comfort and your investment in your heating system.
Just because we don’t rely on our heaters as often as other places doesn’t mean they can slide by without maintenance. A heating system that sits quietly for most of the year can pick up troubles that escape detection until too late—but regular maintenance can catch these problems and fix them before the heater has to get to work.
The benefits of annual heating maintenance
We can better explain to you why regular maintenance is so vital with a list of the benefits it provides. Here’s what you can expect when you have our team maintain your heater each year:
- A longer-lasting heater: This is what we mean we say you’ll protect your investment in your heater with maintenance. Lack of maintenance can lead to a heating system that breaks down years before its time. With maintenance, you can expect your heater to easily make it to its manufacturer’s estimated service life.
- A more energy-efficient heater: Wear and tear will cut into the efficiency of your heating system, but routine maintenance helps remove this and prevent a steep rise in your heating bills from year to year.
- Fewer repair needs: We’re always ready to help you with heating repair in Houston, TX when you need it—but we’d also like to help you avoid heating repair if possible. Regular maintenance can prevent the majority of repairs your heater might need in the future.
- Peace of mind: When you have your heater professionals prepped before the cold weather arrives, there’s a much smaller chance the heater will fail during the season. You’ll love having this peace of mind about your heater’s performance.
- Warranty protection: Annual maintenance is often necessary to keep the heater’s warranty valid.
Because it’s the most convenient time for it: you’ll have the heater ready before the cold weather starts, and you can take advantage of a slower period for our technicians (we have fewer emergency calls at this time of year). But any time during the fall is good for maintenance—it’s important to get it done each year!
At AC Comfort, Your Comfort Is Our Business! Call us today to schedule heating maintenance for November.