Air conditioners are used around the year in Katy, and we need to take special care of them because of all the wear they accumulate. This makes regular maintenance for air conditioning systems in homes more essential than ever—we can’t stress enough the importance of scheduling a maintenance tune-up and inspection each year with our technicians.
And when should you schedule your air conditioning maintenance in Katy, TX? It’s March, it’s almost the first day of spring, and our weather heats up fast once the warmer season starts. So the best time for maintenance is … let’s see … right now!
We’re not trying to rush you, but we do hope you have your maintenance arranged for early in the season because it will turn out better for you that way. You’ll have an easier time getting on our schedule at a convenient time and you’ll beat out the first day of serious sweltering heat when you need your AC working at its best.
Regular Maintenance Is Necessary Each Year
This is something people often make a mistake about. They assume that maintenance is more an occasional luxury for an AC, not something that has to be done each year. But all HVAC technicians recommend having it done annually, with spring as the best time.
What makes maintenance so important? Well, here’s what can happen to an AC that repeatedly misses regular maintenance appointments.
- Its warranty will be voided: Part of the equipment warranty on air conditioning system stipulates that they must receive regular maintenance or else the warranty is voided. That can mean a customer having to shell out a lot of money for repairs that would’ve been covered by the warranty.
- It will run into far more repairs: More than 50% of the repairs an air conditioning system needs during its lifetime are due to maintenance neglect. Just by keeping up with maintenance, a homeowner can eliminate more than half of future repairs—a great savings and also much more convenient.
- It will fail years too early: The service life estimate on an air conditioner includes annual maintenance. Missing maintenance will cause the actual lifespan to start to drop. An AC expected to last for 15 years may need a replacement after only 7, and that’s an expensive “repair.”
- It will rapidly lose energy efficiency: An AC’s energy efficiency rating won’t mean much if it isn’t professionally maintained each year. It will lose, on average, about 5% of its efficiency annually. With maintenance, it will lose 5% of its efficiency over most of its service life. The difference in the cost to run an AC because of this can be tremendous.
- It has a higher chance of an emergency breakdown: Nobody wants their AC to fail abruptly in the middle of summer. But without maintenance, this becomes a much greater possibility. Think of maintenance as an insurance plan against a cooling emergency. The peace of mind is one of the best rewards!
At AC Comfort, Your Comfort Is Our Business! Schedule maintenance with us today, we’re here to help you have a great summer.