We’re more than halfway through fall and winter is around the corner. Temperatures are dropping each day and you’re likely using your heater more and more. If you haven’t already scheduled heater maintenance for this upcoming winter season, now is a great time. Experts recommend that you schedule heating maintenance in the fall, and there’s only one month left of fall!
If you have questions about heating maintenance in Katy, TX, our team can help. We can answer your questions about why heating maintenance is crucial for the life of your heater. We can also review what actually happens during a heater maintenance appointment so you know what to expect. In the meantime, you can keep reading to understand why now is the best time for heating maintenance.
Don’t Skip Heating Maintenance!
We know that it’s easy to put something off when you think you have time to do it later. If your heater is working great, why do you even need heater maintenance? Or maybe your heater is beginning to show signs of wear, but you keep forgetting to schedule an appointment.
Heating maintenance should be on your annual to-do list for the fall season for many reasons. The top reason is that there can be small problems within your heating system that you don’t even realize are wrong. This problem can spread and cause more damage to your heater before there are any outward signs. But a trained eye can identify these problems early during a heater maintenance appointment.
Five Reasons to Schedule Heating Maintenance
- Prevent unexpected repairs. If you could choose between addressing heater repairs on your terms or begin faced with a surprise repair later on, which would you choose? Heater maintenance is an opportunity to fix small heater problems before they become big heater problems. The bottom line is, heater repairs are inevitable. You can either address them on your terms during heater maintenance or wait until an emergency arises.
- Stay warm. No matter what type of heating system you have, it needs maintenance. No systems are exempt from needing a regular tune-up – just like your car. If you want your home to stay consistently warm and comfortable, heating maintenance is the way to do that.
- Prioritize safety. While natural gas lines and electricity are perfectly safe when used properly, there’s always the risk of a gas line leak or a wire that wears down over time. Damage often happens inside your system where you can’t immediately see it. A regular heater tune-up is an opportunity to fix gas lines and electrical wires before they wear down too much.
- Boost heater efficiency. Experts estimate that your heater loses 5% of its efficiency each year without regular maintenance. It’s a normal result of wear and tear. But you can win back that efficiency by maintaining your system. Your heater can use less energy to produce heat for your home.
- Save money. When your heater uses less energy, you save money on your energy bill each month – whether gas or electricity. You may not think that $10 a month is enough to worry about, but it adds up over time. And you could always save even more than that. It just depends on your heater’s individual needs.
Your comfort is our business! Serving Katy, TX, and the surrounding areas. Schedule an appointment today!